IIESMS is recognised internationally as:
- A leading provider of cutting-edge continuing education in Industrial Engineering and Safety Management systems.
- An acknowledged source of productivity improvement, sustainable industry information via the Internet, publications, and live events, including an annual conference, topical conferences, and technical seminars.
- An invaluable source of member benefits that include industry updates, professional development programs, an online career centre, networking communities, chapters, and affinity programs that save members time and money.
- The Institute that supports the profession of industrial engineering and safety management systems and promotes an increased awareness of the value of the role of IIESMS in sustainable development.
- IIESMS is an influential organisation and is shaping the future of the profession by representing our profession in influencing decision-makers and informing the policy-making process in many aspects of Industrial Engineering and Safety Management. The Institute develops policy positions by consulting with its members and present policymakers with the resulting member’s opinions.
- The Irish Government has granted the Institute the right to make a nomination to the Industry and Commerce panel of the Irish Senate. The Institute is often consulted for input to government-industry white papers. In more recent years the Institute has taken an active role and partnered in many European Union-funded projects.